Monday, April 9, 2012

Meet Chase

*The following was written by Chase's mom, Dani....
On July 22, 2010 two year old Chase was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.  His childhood had just started and was drastically changed overnight.  Chase is a happy little boy who makes everyone around him smile.  He likes to crack jokes and make us laugh.  He has come to realize that cancer is just a new way of life.  He wears a mask when we go to the store (which is usually only in emergencies).  He cleans his toys for fun.  I have often walked in his room to find him wiping down all his toys with a clorox wipe.  He tells me he is making them all clean.  I tell him every time we walk into a public restroom that he "can not touch anything."  So now before walking into the bathroom I ask, "Chase, what do we touch?"  He responds with, "Anything."
Chase is one of the strongest little boys I know.  He will continue his treatments until October of 2013.  His treatments consist of daily oral chemotherapy, many home nurse visits to draw blood and check levels, sedations to administer chemotherapy directly into his spine, monthly IV chemotherapy administered through through a port that was surgically placed in his chest, and multiple other medications to keep him healthy.  Chase and Taleah think it is cool to see each others ports.  I think it makes them feel a little more normal knowing there is another kid that has the same thing they do. 
My life would not be the same without Chase, and it would also not be the same without cancer.  I have learned so much, loved so many people, and come closer to my Savior all of which I know wouldn't have happened without cancer.  We HATE it, but at the same time can not imagine where our lives would be without it.  I love this kid and am proud to be his momma!!!

** You can read more about Chase and his family at www.princehappyfamily.blogspot.com**

No comments:

Post a Comment